Pithoragarh Institute of Technology & Management (PITM) runs under Kausaliya Devi Foundation for professional studies and research Society is established in 2014 by experience and Young professionals of industry with the objective to provide Quality education in hills of Uttarakhand and produce professionals of International Standers especially in the area of Information Technology, Hospitality & Tourism, management, Engineering, Medical Science, Science, Healthcare, Art and etc. The Institute is affiliated and approved by the State Govt. of Uttarakhand and affiliated to Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand .
PITM makes best efforts to provide intellectual education with learning methodology that reflects best practice in educating young minds. With spacious and well-furnished class rooms and specialized laboratories to give the students a globally standardized facilitation, the institute is positioned as a premier center for scientific learning.
The learning environment provided at the campus motivates the students to learn more and assist them in building their excellent career.
PITM has identified potential sectors which will soon spell the boom of the country’s economic growth. Service sector such as Hospitality & tourism, Information Technology, Business Development, consultancy and Entrepreneurship are gaining immense popularity. India is no longer content to be an “outsourcing Centre” for the West. And, without a doubt service and hospitality Sector will assume an advantageous position in this unique phase of economic growth to find opportunities for innovation and refined development of crucial industrial sectors.
When it comes to teaching, the institute spares no effort to provide only the best facilities to its students. Its well-equipped and spacious laboratories set a very high standard of excellence. The students are given to work with the same machines as used in the industry. The institute is rich with these expensive yet very modern devices to give students the practically and professionally oriented training.
The institute has fully outfitted laboratories for all the streams and these are equipped with state of art educational and research instruments. ICT enabled modern classrooms, Wi-Fi campus, fully automated campus, well stocked library and an e-library, separate hostels for the boys and girls. The learning environment provided at the campus motivates the students to learn more and assist them in building their excellent career.
PITM has a ultra-modern campus sprawling over more than 3 Acre of lush greenery, including state of the art classrooms, laboratories, and libraries, internationally benchmarked curriculum, innovative pedagogy, experiential learning and affordable quality education.
Surrounded by a thick forest cover and captivating natural fauna and flora, the PITM lies on the outskirts of Pithoragath. Upon entering the campus, the first thing one notice is a sense of calm amidst a flurry of activities. The peaceful atmosphere and the salubrious climate provide a perfect setting for young minds to absorb knowledge. The institute presents a picture that is full of life and cheerful energy
• PITM is committed to academic excellence, healthy standards in co-curricular practices, socially relevant activities, and courses leading to employment and entrepreneurship and continuous progress of the institution. In this way, it is "ready for good work" in collaboration with the government and people of goodwill including academicians and educationists, to create a society more worthy of human beings. Its motto is also to train youths who can be gainfully employed for the overall development of the civil society at large.
• Establishing opportunity hub with industry academic for research, consultancy knowledge exchange and technology transfer.
• To nurture skilled mass as per today’s industry need, to empower girls education, to empower the Social Status of most disadvantaged people of our Society specially SC &ST and to remove the economic backwardness of the hill regions by generating the employment opportunities along with the possibilities to check the brain drain from remote areas of Uttarakhand.
• To plan a progressive education training scheme and to impart, through training both practical and theoretical knowledge of every phase of Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management.
• To set a high standard of knowledge and practice so that the status of the Industry may be raised and catering popularized by offering attractive and progressive careers.
• To develop a scientific attitude to management techniques and skills.
• To train craftsmen for the Hotel & Catering Industry with a view to develop high standards of skills and to raise crafts to levels of technology.
• To inculcate habits of courtesy, discipline and hard work in the trainees and pride in the efficient accomplishment of tasks entrusted to them.
• To impart an understanding of human nature so that the manpower can be directed to the best advantage for the Industry.
• To stimulate and inspire the trainee managers so that they develop an all round personality and treat learning as a ‘growth process’.
• To impart, by example and education, devotion to Duty, Honesty, Integrity, Dignity of Labor and a willingness to serve others happily and cheerfully.
• To provide a platform for exchanging ideas and information, to help the students establish habits of seeking knowledge as well as keeping abreast with the latest development in the field by extensive use of the library, attending seminars, discussion groups, etc.
• To maintain a close liaison between teachers and students so that each student is given a full chance for development and growth.
• Students will demonstrate broad knowledge of and proficiency in the core functional and support areas of hospitality business.
• Students will demonstrate specific competence in a variety of operational aspects within the hospitality industry.
• Students will demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
• Students will incorporate an understanding of ethical, social, and legal issues in reaching business-related decisions.
• Students will creatively and critically apply their knowledge and technological skills in identifying and solving problems.
• Students will have acquired the desire to engage in life-long learning, as demonstrated by ongoing personal and professional development.